Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Arcade Fire/Bowie/Katrina

So I’m actually using the links on my sidebar and you should be too (I'll add more later, be patient people). I clicked on Pitch Fork Media and the first story is about an upcoming version of Arcade Fire’s song “Wake Up” with special guest David Bowie. Two of my favorite performers together on one kick-ass song. The rendition will be available for only one week on iTunes, starting November 14th. Don’t miss it because I’m not going to let you burn a copy from me and besides, the profits will supposedly go towards Hurricane Katrina relief.

Speaking of Hurricane Katrina, I would like to give a shout out to my family in Florida (if you're lucky I‘ll give you a shout out in a future blog entry): To my mom who evacuated in an RV with one of her patients and did not return my phone calls for days. When my sister Ashley called her and said the hurricane hit her place, she told her, "It's not attractive to be stressing out."

To Ashley who now has electricity once again and no longer has a tree in her living room. She is currently buying more goodies at Home Depot for her new condo at this very moment, enabling her to cross off objects from her “I Want” list, comprised of neccessities such as a marble floor and 24K gold-plated drawer handles.

To my sister Amber who does what she always does in an emergency situation - she drives up to her boyfriend’s house, begins her TV-a-thon and watches everything but the news, including Laguna Beach, CSI and Pimp My Ride.

I am extremely happy you are all alive, just please stop trying to make me move back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now aubrey it's not nice to make fun of you family! But your words are so true...God we are disfunctional!
-the sister that watches way too much reality tv